My 2 cents

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Salutations Martina !!

Being an ardent sports lover, I had to post one blog sooner or later ! And so, here it goes!


Salutations, Martina Navratilova ! Her last match on the tour ended with a win in the mixed doubles final at the US Open. For the statistics lovers - Navratilova, who turns 50 on October 18, has won 18 Grand Slam titles and 167 total singles triumphs. She also racked up 178 doubles crowns, with 41 coming in major tournaments (31 women’s doubles, 10 mixed doubles). Phew ! That takes some doing. But the most noticeable fact is her age. I ask how? And most of us 20 something ppl are on the sofa lazing around and complaining of tiredness.


Andre Agassi, also played his last match. Here is another outstanding athlete. On the tour for ages, having gone through the highs and lows, he keeps rising with his never-say-die attitude.


Salutations to both of you !! I wish we can put in the same amount of hard work and have the same will in whatever field we have choosen.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You too JK!! (Blog bitten, that is) Anyways, reached your blog through your orkut. And I must say, I'm surprised. I expected a much more saucier style from you.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work. I'll hop on to give my 2 cents sometimes (whether you like it or not :D)

3:54 PM  
Blogger iblog said...

Hey vanita, I'll join you on that ;)

6:11 PM  
Blogger AL said...

Martina is someone who relentless fight has always inspired many.. :)

Very few really go those miles.. :)

2:29 PM  
Blogger AL said...

whos.. not who.. sorry

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really funny

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home