My 2 cents

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Strangers touch your life

There are lots of time when strangers touch your life or do something you never expect, knowing fully well that they won't get anything in return. I am sure all of us have experienced this. So as a tribute to one such person, I narrate an experience that I will never forget !

So I had been to Seattle some time back and I met a cab driver, an Indian, who was very excited to see someone from his own country. So he picked me up from the airport, took me to my hotel and gave me his number to call the next day.

Something made me call that number the next day instead of telling the hotel receptionist that I need a taxi. Coming prompt on time, he took me around the city showing all the nice locations he could cover in the 5-6 hrs that I had. He then took me to lunch at Udupi and guess what, despite my offer he insisted that he would pay for my lunch and pay he did !! I was taken aback considering the fact that my trip was completely sponsored. When he dropped me off at the airport, I was about to offer him a tip, and he refused saying he does not take tip from students !!

Well he did not gain anything from it. Such simple actions move you as a person !! I will definetly not forget him for the rest of my life

3 Comments:

Blogger PU the person said...

This is indeed a pleasant incident to share. This has ensued many times in my life too. The world is a lovable place to subsist-- thanks to these people!!!

2:59 AM  
Blogger AL said...

Some people have this magnificient way of living... you just feel it when you are in proximity of it..

It provokes us to ask ourselves... what kind of life we are living?

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me want to be a better person :)

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home