My 2 cents

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Simple pleasures of life !


One of the things I like to do is to lie on the carpet at my home at bangalore, with a remote in one hand and some snacks on the other and watch some interesting sports action. I believe its one of those simple things that makes me happy. Lots of times I wonder why I left that and came over to the US. I will never get the same feeling of lying on the carpet here !



I am sure each one of us would have such similar things which makes them happy, which I refer to as 'Simple pleasures of life'. I have done the 'Art of Living' course and one of the first things that struck me was the message by my teacher: "Children are the people who are the happiest in life. Why? Because they have such simple pleasures in life and they don't care about what other people think".



Enjoy the simple pleasures of life, keep life simple !!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are a few of my favourite things...
1. to shop for vegetables (esp. tomatoes, beans, capsicum :-) )
2. to write using pen and paper :-)
3. love to eat thenkuzhal or naadapokoda thats half-cooked :D (just before it starts to turn crispy :-) )
4. sip hot coffee and laze around with some book :-)
5. like to eat a mango using my 'kai' alone :-) no knife or fork :-) i love it when i reach the part where i need to tackle the seed and the pulp without dropping it or dirtying my dress :-)

and actually...if i sit to think of it...my 'simple pleasures' could well become a long, complicated list :-) so let me stop here...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Shashi Kiran said...

here is my list

1.do nothing...generally i do this on saturdays...wake up late and do nothing...

2.roam in railway station (a new found hobby in swiss land)

3. drink coffee at the most odd times

8:12 AM  
Blogger PU the person said...

Yep, Always try to be childlike but never childish!!!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home